Yield: Makes about 5 x 250 ml jars
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Processing Time: Processing Time Not Required
Liquid Pectin and crushed fruit makes an easy, sweet fruit spread with no cooking required. Store these soft-set spreads in the freezer or refrigerator. Do not decrease sugar; doing so may result in gel failure. For freezer jams with less sugar (higher ratio of fruit to sugar), use Bernardin Freezer Jam Pectin sold in 45 g pouches.
1 cup (250 ml) crushed blueberries, about 1 pint fresh
1 cup (250 ml) crushed raspberries, about 1 pint fresh
5 cups (1250 ml) granulated sugar
1 pouch (85 ml) BERNARDIN® Liquid Pectin
1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
• Wash and rinse 5 BERNARDIN® Freezer Jars and lids or 250 ml mason jars and closures.
• Wash, stem and crush blueberries, one layer at a time. Wash, thoroughly drain and crush raspberries, one layer at a time. Measure 1 cup (250 ml) of each.
• Combine prepared berries and ALL the sugar in a large bowl. Mix well; let stand 10 minutes.
• Squeeze entire contents of liquid pectin pouch into fruit-sugar mixture. Add lemon juice. Stir 3 minutes.
• Ladle jam into clean jars to within 1/2 inch (1 cm) of top rim (headspace). Wipe jar rim removing any stickiness. Apply lids tightly. Let stand at room temperature until set, about 30 minutes.
• Refrigerate up to 3 weeks, freeze up to 1 year, or serve immediately.